Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FRIED CHICKEN COOKIES

Yup, you heard me.  One of my favorite new blogs is Bake at 350 where this super creative baker comes up with some of the most creative cookie decorations I've ever seen.  After a few months of procrastinating, I finally took the plunge and due to my little to no cookie decorating experience, I had to do some major improvising.


I created a drumstick shaped template from some thin vinyl sheets and used this sugar cookie recipe.  Using this icing recipe, I divided the batch into two and mixed one super white and one caramel (brown and yellow) colored icing.  I first painted the "meat" part and topped with crushed Corn Flakes, then went back and painted the "bone".  Line your KFC bucket in some parchment and VOILA, you've got yourself one hell of a conversation piece.


Happy baking!






Check out the original blog post HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment