Thursday, April 15, 2010

BALMAIN HOMMES A/W 10-11 + LA ROUX















PHOTO CREDIT: COUTE QUE COUTE

TWO THOUGHTS:
1. I love seeing elements of old shool prep, nautical, and retro fight pilot all in one collection and somehow it all works beautifully to create one cohesive look.

2. Is it just me or does this male model bear a striking resemblance to Elly Jackson, the lead singer of La Roux..




ELLY JACKSON
PHOTO CREDIT: INTERVIEW MAGAZINE

Speaking of La Roux, I saw them perform at Webster Hall this past February and I have been meaning to write about it for quite sometime. Lead singer Elly Jackson brought such an incredible energy to the stage and a much unexpected sense of grace. Her androgynous look combined with her eccentric style choices make it even more surprising when you hear her elegant voice for the first time live. Towards the end of the show Elly decided to perform one of her favorite songs, which also happened to be one of mine. She sang an awesome electro pop version of The Rolling Stone's "Under My Thumb" and at the end said "I don't even care if you guys liked it, I fucking loved it." And you know what, I did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment