Monday, June 28, 2010

DAMNIT, LOUIS VUITTON!

For my entire life I have been very impartial to Louis Vuitton. Yes, some of their clothing has tempted me into liking them, but then I remember that they sell $2,000 plastic bags and I resume my initial position. Wait, hold the mother f-ing phone: Louis Vuitton bags are plastic, you say? Yup. My most favorite incident involving the PVC purses was when someone on my flight to Rome threw up on someone else's Louis bag. The girl was so upset that her "leather" was going to be ruined when I offered her a wet wipe and insisted she give it a go. And what do you know, it wiped off easier than spilled milk on glass.

Flash forward a few months and my thoughts about the brand have begun to waver. First there was the Fall runway, followed by one of the most beautiful ad campaigns I've seen in a long time. As I scrolled through the flawless pictures on Tavi's blog, I began to sweat and I started to analyze my stance on the subject. Lady-like skirts, Mad Men quality hair and make-up and old school models got a little bit under my skin but I held my own. Until now. It's like Marc Jacobs knew that the mid length A-line skirts would put the idea in my head and then THIS would push me over into the dark side. Enter: Louis Vuitton neck tattoos. And no, I'm not admitting that I like L.V., but I am flattered that I have now become their target audience.



PHOTO CREDIT: REFINERY29





PHOTO CREDIT: STYLEROOKIE


No comments:

Post a Comment