Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN RESORT 2011 HIGHLIGHTS

There's this amazing scene in The Upside of Anger that always helps me to describe how I'm feeling when there are not words to be found:



This single scene has inspired me to create several works of art as I draw inspiration from heart ache, frustration, and of course, love. A few years back I was given an assignment to paint whatever came to mind but my thoughts were somewhere else. I sat at long and crowded table as I watched my classmates discuss all of their ambitious ideas and all I could think about was this completely unrelated issue. I was nervous and anxious and needed to know where I stood in the world and all I could do was imagine my heart falling onto the table and having the blood pour down off the sides (enter emo music here).

It's been a while since I've felt that feeling, but seeing Sarah Burton's first Alexander Mcqueen collection has made it all come rushing back. With romantic lace, structured silhouettes, and gold brocade, Burton brought a soft touch to a brand that needed to be handled with care. Appropriately so, the collection is mostly muted in color until the very end where a sea of red slowly bleeds through. The collection pays tribute to Mcqueen's avant garde style and is a beautiful next step that will continue his legacy.
Congratulations, Sarah, you did good.












PHOTO CREDIT: FASHIONISING



No comments:

Post a Comment