Wednesday, June 16, 2010

GIVENCHY RESORT 2010

Every fashion season, I sit on the edge of my seat and wait for Givenchy to show it's collection. In the past five years, since the brilliant Riccardo Tisci took over, Givenchy has become my favorite designer. Each article of clothing is literally like a piece of art, and because of the steep price tag, I have to treat it like that as well....that was until I went to Europe. One of my biggest highlights from going to Italy last month was trying on Givenchy's now famous black and white striped blazer from their Spring/Summer 2010 collection. Also, seeing Mariacarlo Boscono at the Uffizi, the model wearing the blazer in their ad campaign, was the cherry on top of my Givenchy sundae.

From couture to ready-to-wear, his color combinations and fabric selections make me wonder if he is reading my mind as I sit here on my couch browsing Style.com. Hard lines mixed with pure romanticism is a constant theme through his collections and is, coincidentally, exactly how I like to dress. Givenchy's latest collection, Resort 2010, was particularly gorgeous and I love how he brought a vibrant sense of color with the use of red. Here is a look at some of my favorites [Insert black, white, and red all over joke here]:












PHOTO CREDIT: STYLE.COM





SPRING/SUMMER AD CAMPAIGN


No comments:

Post a Comment