Thursday, January 28, 2010

THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES

When I was just a wee little lady, I was obsessed with my “Day of the Week” underwear. I have no idea who purchased these for me, although I have a slight hunch it was my mother, but these particular underpants made getting ready a lot more exciting. God forbid I put on the wrong pair of underwear, the rest of the week would be all messed up. It’s a lot of pressure for underpants, but I have never been one to carelessly throw on undergarments. These things take time, skill, and coordination, and that is a lesson I learned from a very young age.


Around that same time, my family and I went on a trip to Bermuda. For one reason or another, all of our clothes were soaking wet so my mom laid them out on the balcony to dry. A few hours later we went out onto the patio to retrieve our goods when we realized something had gone missing. Monday… Tuesday… Wednesday… Thursday…..Oh. My. God. Where the hell were my Friday undies?


It’s been approximately 18 years since the incident, but if you mumble the words “Friday undies” to my family, they will all start laughing. Sadly, I believe the Wednesday undies were also a casualty on that vacation as a result of a balcony to balcony toss between me and my brother. All of this came back to me when I saw that Stella McCartney came out with “Day of the Week” underwear. Designer underwear, that is animal friendly, over priced, and is OCD enough to be labeled with the day of the week? Um, I’ll take 7 please.


STELLA MCCARTNEY DAY OF THE WEEK UNDERWEAR AVAILABLE AT

CATRIONA MACKECHNIE



No comments:

Post a Comment