Wednesday, January 27, 2010

GIVENCHY COUTURE SPRING 2010

As I flipped through the Givenchy Couture Spring 10 collection, I could not get the song "Dancing Queen" out of my head. Maybe it's because I just saw my friend Rachel perform in Mama Mia a few weekends back, or maybe it's because the the fashion world seems to granted my wish and it is raining disco queens. I love me some sparkle and considering my favorite fashion icons are Huston, Jagger, and Von Furstenberg, you can only imagine how much I love the 70's.

Head designer Riccardo Tisci is in his fifth year at the famed fashion house, Givenchy, and it is obvious that he has been feeling more at home. The last few Givenchy collections have turned the fashion world on it's head and now it seems like he's going to do the same with couture. The collection, which begins with structured tuxedo jackets layered over bundles of ostrich feathers, gracefully progresses into over sized ruffles and tiers of lace. Tisci's balance of feminine and masculine is impeccable, but the finale is undeniably pure woman. Sequined metallic jumpsuits with sheer insets sold sex like only the 70's could and then finished off with a gorgeous Swarovski encrusted violet gown.

















PHOTO CREDIT: STYLE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment