Monday, September 13, 2010

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH- FASHION WEEK

Yesterday was absolutely crazy. A day that was supposed to consist of one or two fashion shows starting at 2pm, had me coming home at 2am and falling asleep by 4 because even I couldn't wrap my head around what had just occurred. So I've decided that the only way to explain what happened is through a series of pictures. And so it begins...

MAX AZRIA

Our first stop was at Max Azria, the higher end line started by the creator of BCBG. The dresses echoed that of the lower end line showed just days before being that the theme was undeniably minimalistic. The neutral creams, blushes, and pale greys created an ethereal feel that was perfectly matched by Ed Harcourt's "Lustre" playing in the background. Most of the dresses were on the longer end, some of which had some incredibly sexy yet feminine cut out backs.
Below are some shots taken from the show:

MR. AZRIA BEING INTERVIEWED

ESTELLE

MODELS: HAIR AND MAKEUP

NYMAG.COM

NYMAG.COM

NYMAG.COM

NYMAG.COM


**Something really really really exciting happened after the Max Azria show, but you're going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is : )**



CUSTO BARCELONA

Even though we didn't initially plan on going to the Custo show, I'm so glad we did. After seeing such minimalist style walk down the runway, it was a nice change. Multicolored feathers and Custo's signature bright prints filled the room with energy and light. My first favorite part of the show was seeing our new model friend, a 16 year old from Mississippi, kill it in her one piece knit swimsuit. My second favorite part of the show is the fact that I was sitting behind Kimora Lee Simmons, which means that I overheard awesome Kimora commentary throughout the whole thing. And yes, she is exactly how you think she would be- funny, loud and fabulous.


MODEL: HAIR AND MAKEUP

KIMORA BACKSTAGE

MODEL: BEFORE

MODEL: AFTER

I couldn't find my friend, Natalie from Poison Ivy, and then I realized...
Oh, there she is- in the front row!

JACKET-O-HAIR

KIMORA LEE SIMMONS

NYMAG.COM


NYMAG.COM

NYMAG.COM

NYMAG.COM

TOMMY HILFIGER

Our last show was Tommy Hilfiger which was the biggest show at Lincoln Center because they were celebrating their 25th anniversary. The clothes were Tommy's signature all American style and nearly every piece involved one of our flags famous colors. It was fun, clean, crisp and felt like a breath of fresh air just one day after the 9 year anniversary of September 11th. Besides the show itself, there was quite the spectacle going on across the runway from where I was sitting. In all of my years in fashion I have never seen a front row like this. Unfortunately, the second I got to Lincoln Center my camera died so (as you've probably already noticed) my picture quality is absolutely terrible. But I'd be happy to let you know whose blurry face is whose so you have a better idea of what I was dealing with.

LINDSEY WIXON ("Her mouth is shaped like a heart."- Donatella Versace)

KARLIE KLOSS (Awesome and just like a regular 18 year old girl)

CHUCK BASS!!!

Rebecca Romijn, Jason Lewis, Jessica Szohr, Ed Westwick, girl, Kristen Bell, Lenny Kravitz, guy, Jennifer Lopez, Bradley Cooper, Christina Hendricks, Neil Patrick Harris
(photo by Michael Loccisano)


So after the show ended everyone rushed backstage and luckily, I was one of them. It is here where I had some of the best interactions of the night. As you can imagine, the paparazzi were going crazy over the insane amount of celebrities backstage. One of the most popular was Christina Hendricks, my favorite character on Mad Men. At one point, one of the photographers requested that she didn't hold her coat and purse (yup, there was no assistant in sight helping her carry her belongings) so I offered to hold them. It was here that we began to chat and I even got my own picture. Not only was it amazing to meet the real life Joan, but she was beyond lovely and all I ever hoped she would be.

As I'm talking with Christina, I see that Neil Patrick Harris is standing next to me. Most of you probably don't know this, but I have a very interesting connection to NPH. He happens to know my brother. So, of course, I went up to him and introduced myself. I don't think I've ever had a prouder moment than when I said I was Paul's sister and he said, "I love Paul Germain!" Neil, who had never been to a fashion show before, was adorable as expected and handled the mob scene with his typical wit and charm.


CHRISTINA HENDRICKS

CHRISTINA HENDRICKS

ALMOST DONE!

After we left the backstage area, we headed over to the Tommy Hilfiger after party at the Metropolitan Opera. It was a gorgeous setting filled with 3 stories of fashionistas, champagne and live music. The live music was played by this awesome little band called The Strokes. And they. Were. Awesome. I've never seen them perform live so it was quite the treat to watch them for free while sipping champagne and dancing on a couch next to the Richards' (Keith's babies) sisters and other fashion elite.


So yea, that pretty much concludes the night. Thanks, again to my lifelong pal, Natalie from Poison Ivy, who made this awesome day possible. You are a wonderful friend to me and you will always be front row in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment