Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tarryl Clark's Thoughts in Rememberance of 9/11 Anniversary

Nine years ago today, our country was devastated by a terrible attack on the World Trade Center. This sad anniversary is a time to remember the victims of that tragedy and a time to honor those who put themselves in harm's way to try to save them - police officers, fire fighters, and first responders.

Those who risk their lives to protect us, who run into the fire or towards the danger, and who have stepped up to keep us and our communities safe, deserve our gratitude and support. I worked side by side with first responders in the Minnesota Senate as a partner and ally. I am so proud to have the endorsement of police officers, fire fighters, and nurses in this campaign.

Today, I will attend a ceremony in St. Cloud to mark the occasion of the 9th Anniversary of the September 11th attacks, and later this week I will be visiting a police station in St. Cloud, a fire hall in Woodbury and a sheriff's office in Anoka. At each stop, I'll thank everyone there for their service, honor the sacrifices they make on our behalf, and listen to their ideas for how to keep our communities safe.

My Dad and two of my three brothers served in the Navy, and my brother-in-law is a police officer. I know what it's like to turn on the television and worry that someone you love is in danger. Men and women in uniform aren't just like family to me - they are family! I've worked hard on their behalf throughout my career, and am overwhelmed by their support in this campaign.

In Congress, I'll stand on the side of those who protect our country by serving overseas. I'll also remember that keeping our communities safe starts right here at home, and will fight to make sure that our first responders, police officers, and fire fighters have the tools, equipment, and support they need to do their jobs safely and effectively. Supporting first responders isn't a partisan issue - it's one of the values we all share. We should be working together to serve those who serve us.

So today - regardless of your political persuasion or personal beliefs - let's join together to remember those we have lost, honor those who serve, and thank those who put their lives on the line to protect us and our communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment